There a number of ways to improve your credit score, which all differ for different credit bureau’s. We have tried to provide the most achievable ones here.
Your credit score can be improved by taking actions which improve your risk profile. Our Credit Score page will list information on what you’re doing well and not so well when you get your free credit score.
Some (but not all) factors which affect your credit score are:
- Too much debt
- Late payments on accounts
- Number of credit accounts open
- Number of years of credit history
- History of account repayment
- Number of credit requests
With that in mind, here are 5 tips for helping to improve your credit score:
- Regularly checking your credit report to confirm all the details are correct.
- Making sure you make payments on any outstanding credit accounts on the due date. (Should you have difficulty in making your payments, you should contact your credit provider to agree on a payment plan, or to reduce your regular payments to an amount that you can afford to pay).
- Consider setting up regular automated payments rather than doing manual payments.
- If you have too many old, un-used credit accounts, consider closing them.
- If you are almost reaching your credit limit on one or more accounts, try and reduce your balance.
You can read more about improving your credit score here.